2019 Woods BW 15.70
Call for Price
Over 50 years ago, Woods® introduced the original flexwing rotary cutter, the Batwing®. It instantly became a household name for flexwing cutters. Why? Because you needed a rugged piece of equipment that could tackle the toughest rural mowing jobs…and the Batwing delivered.
Introducing the new customer-designed Batwing from Woods. It’s more reliable, more durable, easier to use, easier to maintain and built to perform better. It’s the flexwing cutter you always wanted, you just needed a company to build it.
- You Told Us Your Flex-Wing Cutter Needed A Rugged And Reliable Gearbox With Seal Protection. Woods responded by offering new gearbox seal technology for our all-new Batwing®!
- Our new gearbox seal technology features advanced engineering and material specifically developed for heavy-duty jobs in harsh environments resulting in less leaks and downtime. More uptime means more productivity for you!
- The industry-leading six-year warranty covers not just the gearbox but also the seals, alleviating any concerns about leakage and giving you confidence that the Batwing will be extremely dependable.
- You Said You Wanted Strength In Your Machine - Strong Wheels, Strong Hubs and A Strong Structure. Woods engineered the new Batwing to be extremely strong and long lasting.
- A variety of features make the all-new Batwing the most durable in the field. With a Woods exclusive design, steel tubes surround the perimeter to absorb shock and chain shielding integrated within the frame prevents damage. The machine’s beefy, heavy-duty skid shoes prevent gouging and protect the deck from damage, increasing its durability. For added toughness in extreme conditions, the .60 and .70 models feature a 3-inch gearbox output shaft, and an optional deck ring.
- When it comes to ease of use, you want an easy, quick and smooth tractor hook-up. Woods responded with a new patent-pending driveline lift assistance system, which comes standard on all models.
- With a locking feature and rolling mechanism, connecting the Batwing to your tractor’s PTO is quick, easy and painless.
- You Want A Cutter That Can Handle Almost Anything In Its Path. The new Batwing easily maneuvers around obstacles and slices through tall brush – just what you asked for.
- The new Batwing offers the best performance in its class. Only on the new Woods Batwing will you find rounded wings that slice through brush, and a curved leading edge that easily maneuvers close to trees and poles. Clear stalks with an optional shredding kit to increase your flexibility and performance. The calculated positioning of welded baffles optimize airflow for even cutting and direct the cut material for superior distribution. Baffles are standard on the new Batwing, so you’re assured of a great cut every time.
- You don’t have hours to spend maintaining your equipment. That’s why the new Woods Batwing is engineered to be easy to maintain.
- The next-generation Batwing is equipped with features that ease maintenance, including grease fittings that are easy to reach and an industry-leading smooth, sloped deck that’s virtually free of components for easy clean-up.
- You asked us for less maintenance and we delivered with a host of exclusive features. All shields are constructed of durable metal – no plastic here! -- that open easily for direct access to gearboxes and drivelines. Hose covers protect from wear and damage and our greaseable Quick-Change blade pins are easy to remove.
- Tractor PTO HP Range: 65-300
- Cutting Width: 180 in.
- Blade Tip Speed: 15,000 fpm at 540 rpm; 16,000 fpm at 1000 rpm
- Cutting Height: 2 in. - 15 in.
- Cut Capacity: 4.5 in. dia.
- Weight: 5,290 lb.
- Tongue Weight: 1,490 lb.
- Center Deck, Wing Deck: 1/4"
- Side Skirt Thickness: .25 in.
- Side Skirt Depth: 13 in.
- Transport Width: 96 in.
- Stump Jumper: Round
- Flex: Up - 90º; Down - 22º
- Driveline Rating: Main - Cat 6 CV; Wing - Cat 5
- Splitter Gearbox Rating: 275 hp
- Wings Geaerbox Rating: 225 hp
- Output Shaft: 3 in. dia.
- Gearbox Warranty: 6 years
- Options: Double row chain shielding, dual wheels, LED lights, shredding kit, deck ring, spring axle, full walking tandem
- Working Width
- 180 in.
- 96 in.
- 5,290 lb.
- Recommended HP
- 65-300 PTO hp